Eating healthy simplified:
1. It’s more important what you DON’T EAT than what you DO EAT.
MORE: vegetables and fruit
LESS: caffeine, sugar, and junk food
2. When shopping at the grocery store, buy products with 5 INGREDIENTS OR LESS
3. Whenever possible buy and eat FOOD (live, fresh plants, seeds, nuts or animals) rather than FOOD PRODUCTS (usually in a box or plastic processed with lots of ingredients, additives, and chemicals)
4. PRACTICE reading nutrition labels: 4 grams of sugar equals one teaspoon. 12oz can coke has 39 grams of sugar, therefore almost 10 teaspoons of sugar.
5. Get enough sleep, exercise, and drink plenty of water (preferably filtered).